Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Three things I learned . . .

The first week of May every year I attend a professional seminar called Texas School of Photography.  It's the largest program of it's kind and I always enjoy the education, inspiration and time with colleagues.  This year there were over 1,000 in attendance, representing 37 states and 8 countries.  Here's three things I learned:

1)  If it frustrates you, change it!  How fun to think about the studio (and life) in this context.  I've enjoyed identifying some of the things that frustrate me and realizing that many of them can simply be eliminated and the others can be changed. 

2)  Do the things you love.  Somewhere in my quest to create the technically perfect portrait, I quit doing the things that made me fall in love with photography in the first place.  So, time to refocus!

3)  Always check the weather before traveling.  Who would have thought the temperature would drop 40 degrees in one day or that the high would be 51 in Dallas in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment